Language Hacking – Spanish by Benny Lewis
This book is highly recommended for all Spanish adult beginners.
It is especially recommended to those students who have perhaps struggled with the more traditional approaches to language learning.
If you want to make quick progress in learning Spanish and want a flexible and realistic approach to teaching the language then this book is well worth your consideration.
It is practical, straight forward and rooted in the reality of communicative language learning.
Spanish language learning tips, hacks and so much more!
It is packed full of great ideas and practical strategies on how to learn Spanish including :
- How to learn Spanish fast by speaking Spanish straight away
- How to embrace your mistakes and use them to your advantage in your quest to learn Spanish
- How to master Spanish power phrases
- Following the rule that 20% of the work gets 80% of the results
LANGUAGE HACKING SPANISH (Learn How to Speak Spanish – Right Away): A Conversation Course for Beginners (Language Hacking with Benny Lewis)
It’s true that some people spend years studying Spanish before they finally get around to speaking t….
In the book there is lots of help for beginners learning Spanish, including
- Spanish conversation strategies
- Spanish grammar and pronunciation tips
- Side notes – which gives the students new insights into learning Spanish
The book is divided up into Ten Units covering
- Talking about me in Spanish
- Asking about you in Spanish
- Solving communication problems in Spanish
- Describing future plans in Spanish
- Talking about family and friends in Spanish
- Some food, drink and conversation in Spanish
- Talking about yesterday…last week …a along time ago in Spanish
- It’s been a while! …in Spanish
- Describe it! …in Spanish
- Having your first conversation …in Spanish
The Language Hacker Contract
Benny has included an excellent contract in the book.
It is full of great ideas for all language learners. Here are a couple of them to give you a flavour
I will speak Spanish every day
I will accept that the only way to speak perfectly is to first make mistakes to
…and there are many more.
Notes on Benny Lewis
In 2003, Irish native Benny Lewis spoke only one language: English.
After college, he moved to Spain and was soon frustrated that he could not speak Spanish after six months of trying. So he decided to abandon traditional learning approaches, and everything changed.
Today Benny is the known as The Irish Polyglot and speaks over 10 languages, several at a fluent level.
He also now runs the largest language learning blog in the world, www.fluentin3months.com, which receives more than half a million unique visitors every month.
He uses his languages to travel the world and explore other cultures, living out of his backpack. (taken from the Amazon website)
Benny knew only too well the frustrations of learning Spanish. This book is a result of his language learning journey.
This book is therefore well worth considering if you are a Spanish beginner and perhaps are interested in trying some non traditional language learning tactics and hacks.